5 Tips For Weight Loss
We all know the magic formula to lose weight right? Diet plus exercise equals weight loss. But after years of helping many women lose weight in the most effective and permanent way, we learned two things: one is to always address the root cause, and the other is to target all aspects of one's health, including mental and emotional.
Most of the time the root cause can be related to hormonal issues and/or emotional imbalances that cause cravings and uncontrollable appetite, or sometimes just a matter or lifestyle, such as lack of exercise and a proper diet.
In order to address all the root causes you need more than just a pill or a low-calorie diet, it is fundamental to balance your emotions and improve your health in general.
Here are a few tips that are not “so obvious” that can help you speed up the process:
1) Just breathe. It sounds too simple, but breathing consciously and regularly can balance your emotions, bringing you a feeling of peace and calm and you just notice your cravings going bye bye. Deep abdominal breathing reduces negative stress by lowering the stress hormone cortisol, and elevates the “feel good” hormone, serotonin.
2) Walking meditation: If you have a young child we understand how hard it is to be seated quietly for one hour to meditate, but you don’t need to, meditation can be quite versatile with the same benefits. You just need to be totally present in the moment and aware of your surroundings and your inner self.
3) Bach Flower Remedies are homeopathically prepared remedies that address the emotional and mental challenges that may accompany a weight loss journey. They can regulate mood swings, which may lessen the likelihood of emotional eating, and they also help boost confidence and self-esteem.
4) Get oily! Essential Oils are growing in popularity and everyone is discovering the power of oils to help with detoxification and digestion, boost metabolism and reduce cravings. Lemon, peppermint, and grapefruit oils are some good ones to start with. Just beware that not every essential oil is ingestible, and make sure to use only pure, therapeutic grade professional brands.
5) Sleep in! Getting proper rest is just as important as sweating at the gym, and research has shown that missing out on sleep can lead to weight gain. Not only do you have more energy to take on the day after a good night’s sleep, but your body also burns calories, even when you’re not working out. We know, this one is especially hard for moms with little ones, but it is possible! Take every opportunity to catch up on your sleep, even if that means leaving the kitchen dirty for tonight or waiting to do the laundry until tomorrow.
The most essential part of this journey is to honor your body and accept yourself and your limitations in the process. Your emotional state is a huge part of your wellness and nourishing your mind and soul is as important as your physical body in any kind of health regimen.
These are only some of the tools that are part of our comprehensive Mind & Body Weight Loss Program. Check out our website to find out more: flourishholistic.com/weightloss